BENEFITS OFFERED BY THE CITY OF SHOW LOW
For Full-Time Employees
· Health Insurance Coverage - City pays 100% of Employee and 80% of Dependent coverage for High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account (Gilsbar Administrator – affiliated with The BCBS Network).
· Life Insurance 2 times your annual Salary with a minimum of $50,000 coverage - City Pays 100%.
· Dental Insurance - City pays 100% of Employee and 80% of Dependent Coverage
· Vision Coverage (Avesis) – City pays 100% of Employee Coverage. Dependent Coverage is available in a 3-tiered program (optional).
· Short Term Disability – City pays 100%.
All benefits are effective the first of the month following 90 days of employment.
Paid Time Off: 19 days per year
Holidays – 10, including New Years day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Day after Thanksgiving, in place of Columbus Day holidays and Christmas Day.
Probationary Period – one year. Pay increases typically 0-5% annually, depending upon performance and budget.
Arizona State Retirement System – required participation for all full-time employees (who are not Certified Police Officers) with a deduction of approximately 11.14% of employee gross wages (10.9% is ASRS and .24 is Long Term Disability), which is matched by the City.
Wellness Program – Annual health workup, fall shots (flu, pneumonia, tetanus) at no cost to employee. Various fitness programs may be offered for voluntary participation.
Additional Benefits (Optional)
Cafeteria 125 – A flexible benefit program for employees with enrollment services provided by AFLAC. Some items included are Voluntary Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Cancer Expense Insurance, Dependent Care Assistance, Accident or Sickness Disability, and Unreimbursed Medical Expenses.
Deferred Compensation – ICMA, Nationwide, Retirement Plan Advisors, and Valic
Arizona Central Credit Union - Basic membership application requires a minimum deposit of $25. There is also a one-time membership fee of $5.00.
Continuing Education and Training Programs - Check with Department Head
Employee Cell Phone Program – Employees are given the option to participate in a government rate plan with a cellular phone provider in Show Low. Please check with Human Resources for more details.
Conditional Offer of Employment – Conditional upon applicant’s successfully passing a physical/drug screen, fingerprinting and background check.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL NEWBORN BABIES MUST BE ADDED TO YOUR INSURANCE WITHIN THE FIRST 30 DAYS FOLLOWING BIRTH. Call GMI with the baby’s birth date and name, and contact the City of Show Low Human Resources to obtain necessary paperwork.