SHOW LOW BOARD OF
* * * L E G A L A C T I O N S U M M A R Y * * *
PURSUANT to A.R.S. Section 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the Show Low Board of Adjustment, and to the general public, that a SPECIAL MEETING, which will be open to the public, will be held on Monday, March 7, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 181 N. 9th Place, Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona.
1. Call to Order. Chairman Armanno called the meeting to order at 2:00pm
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman.
Vice Chairman Hair moved to elect Board Member Frank Armanno as Board of Adjustment Chairman, seconded by Board Member Dixon; passed unanimously.
Chairman Armanno moved to elect Board Member Stephen Hair as Board of Adjustment Vice Chairman, seconded by Board Member Dixon; passed unanimously.
Board member Jernigan moved to uphold the planning and zoning director's definition of a fence, seconded by Vice Chairman Hair; passed unanimously.
6. PUBLIC HEARING – Consideration of a variance application submitted by Lenny and Irene Phillips seeking relief from City Code Sections 15-1-44 (I)(1) to allow for a fence greater than six (6) feet in height at 1151 Needles Creek Drive, Show Low, Arizona, A.P. No. 309-65-013.
Vice Chairman Hair moved to deny the application for a variance based on the staff's recommendation to not allow the fence height to exceed six (6) feet, with the conditions by by striking No. 4, stating, "The Phillips knowingly purchased a lot which was lower than the adjacent properties when comparable properties were available." Seconded by Board Member Dixon; passed unanimously.
7. PUBLIC HEARING – Consideration of an application submitted by Lenny and Irene Phillips for an appeal of the decision of the Planning and Zoning Director related to conventional fencing material determination.
Board Member Jernigan moved to approve fencing material used by the Phillips to be non-conventional, seconded by Board Member Dixon; passed unanimously.
8. MINUTES - Consideration of the Minutes of the Special Meeting of the Show Low Board of Adjustment held on January 31, 2008.
Vice Chairman Hair moved to approve the minutes of special meeting of the Board of Adjustment of January 31, 2008, seconded by Board Member Jernigan; passed unanimously.
9. Adjournment. Chairman Armanno adjourned the meeting at 4:06 p.m.
I, Katie B. Fechtelkotter, do hereby certify that the foregoing notice was posted on Friday, March 4, 2011