SHOW LOW PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
PURSUANT to A.R.S. Section 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee and to the general public, that a Regular Meeting of the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee will be held on Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room, 550 North 9th Place, Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona.
1. Call to Order – David Fawcett, Committee Chair
Sally Willimans called the meeting to order at 5:33 p.m.
2. Roll Call
PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Sally Williams, Jimmy Jayne, Ken Van Winkle.
AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT:
STAFF PRESENT: Jason Mangum, Recreation Director; Jessica Compton, Recreation Coordinator.
3. Consideration of Approval of Minutes of November meeting.
Meeting minutes from November 2010, will be approved at March 2011 meeting.
5. Nikolaus Homestead Park is open. At the March meeting a date for the Grand Opening will be set. There has been no further vandalism of the light poles since the first incident.
6. It was suggested to dedicate the City Hall and Nikolaus Homestead Park as a Centennial Project, the Arizona State Centennial Committee Refused.
Possible ideas for Centennial Projects/Events are:
*Trail along hwy 60 to Torreon, the City has received a grant.
*Park bench adoption
*July 4th events (2011 theme is Arizona Centennial)
*Geocache and Dutch Oven Cookoff event for September planned.
In the next budget the department would like to ask for fund to fun a playground at City park or Frontier park for a Centennial Project.
7. Vacancy has been filled by Jessica Compton.
8 Staff and committee are looking at different tournaments and group events to bring to Show Low. Recreation staff are searching out leads and looking for different organizations to partner with to bring more groups to Show Low.
9. Show Low Fields Committee report Nikolaus fields are ready.
10. Director’s Report.
a. City Park Bench project
b. White Mountain Youth Leadership Partnership
Sally Williams adjourned the Regular Meeting of the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee of January 20, 2010 @ 6:15p.m.