SHOW LOW PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
PURSUANT to A.R.S. Section 38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee and to the general public, that a Regular Meeting of the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee will be held on Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room, 550 North 9th Place, Show Low, Navajo County, Arizona.
1. Call to Order – Ken VanWinkle, Committee Chair
Ken VanWinkle called the meeting to order at 5:35 p.m.
2. Roll Call
PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT: Jimmy Jayne, Ken VanWinkle, and Sally Williams.
PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT: Steve Hair, and David Fawcett.
STAFF PRESENT: Stefan Wehnau, Recreation Supervisor; Rebecca Ricedorff, Recreation Coordinator.
3. Consideration of Approval of Minutes of March 18, 2010.
JIMMY JAYNE MOVED TO APPROVE THE MINUTES FROM MARCH 18,2010. SALLY WILLIAMS SECONDED THE MOTION. MOTION PASSED 3 TO 0.
4. Presentation on City of Show Low Parks and Recreation budget.
Rebecca Ricedorff is now working part-time at the Show Low Police Department and part-time with the Recreation Department. Jason Mangum has 25% of his wages now paid by a grant from Uof A.
5. Presentation on status of Nikolaus Park Construction.
6. Discussion on Nikolaus Park Playground Community Build. Discussion on two different builds on the two different playgrounds. With the cities park crew and the manufacture building the larger playground and the community helping build the smaller playground.
7. Report on Show Low’s Arizona Centennial Project.
8. Report from Show Low Fields Committee.
9. Discussion on amending Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee By-laws regarding residency requirements for Parks and Recreation Adivisory Committee members.
Steve Hair just arrived at the meeting at approximately 5:50p.m.
10. Discussion on amending Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee By-laws regarding frequency of meetings.
STEVE HAIR MOVED NOT TO MEET IN JUNE. SALLY WILLIAMS SECONDED THE MOTION. MOTION PASSED 4 TO 0.
11. Director’s Report.
Ken VanWinkle adjourned the Regular Meeting of the Show Low Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee of May 20, 2010 @ 6:10p.m.